[obol] Coos ELEGANT TERNS

  • From: DJ Lauten and KACastelein <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:43:25 -0700

Around midday today we found at least 39 ELEGANT TERNS in lower Coos Bay, Coos Co. We saw the birds roosting on the rocks southeast of Half Moon or Bay Beach, at the very south end of Coos Bay North Spit. They were also flying around over the channel between Pt Adams in Charleston and the North Spit. The tide was high. I suspect that with a good scope you can see the birds from the tip of Pt Adams, which is much easier to get to than the North Spit which will require four wheel drive.

Cheers
Dave Lauten and Kathy Castelein
Bandon OR