[obol] Re: Coos ELEGANT TERNS

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <deweysage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 18:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

After reading Dave and Kathy's posting, Teak and I went out to Pigeon Point in
the Empire Area of Coos Bay which is just a bit up bay from Charleston later in
the PM.  Tide was headed out and there was lots of mudflat.  Not many
shorebirds but we did see at least 36 ELEGANT TERNS when we flushed (Teak on
leash of course) the flock as we walked out on the mudflat. Some headed back to
Charleston and others headed up bay. Who knows how many Elegants are in the
bay, as there is a lot of bay and they seemed to be everywhere.  Hopefully a
few will stay around for the SHOREBIRD FESTIVAL this weekend.

Nice find Dave and Kathy!

Tim