[obol] Re: Coos COMMON EIDER - YES

  • From: Russ Namitz <namitzr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL Freelist <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 19:27:59 -0700

Common Eider tide notes:  Low tide was around 10:30 in Coos Bay.  The bird was
finally found on the incoming tide and just floating with Greater Scaup/Surf
Scoter and not resting on a shoreline.  Something to keep in mind to would-be
chasers.
Luckily I was only 40 minutes out when I got the text from Stefan and made it
back in time.  Yes, the apparent bird jinx has been lifted for the time being.
Bird karma.  And no, I'm not heading out to Joseph for a third time to try for
my life Little Bunting.  Or am I?  Why, that would be the makings of an Oregon
Big Year and I'm not doing another one of those...or am I?
Good chasing,Russ NamitzMedford, OR