[obol] Coos Purple Martins 3/30/2013

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 17:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

I saw Noah Strycker's report of PUMA up at Fern Ridge and thought, if they are
in at Fern Ridge they must be in at Lakeside in NW Coos at Tenmile Lake so
Cedar and I went up there on our PM walk.  When we got there there were no
swallows in sight.  I finally found some way high and far off.  The flock
eventually got close enough to see and at last two adult male Purple Martins
came into sight and I heard their distinctive call. Mostly I saw white-bellied
swallows that appeared to be all Trees, but there could have been a few VGs. I
also saw a couple BARN SWALLOWS.

Stupendous day on the south coast!

ENJOY,
Tim R