[obol] Condors over Oregon ?

  • From: Romain Cooper <romain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RV-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 08:35:13 -0700

The link is to an article re: the re-introduction of CA Condors in NW California by the Yurok Tribe. This could happen in one to 3 years according to the article.

It's about 60 miles from the mouth of the Klamath River to Brookings, Curry Co. (and about 70 miles to where we live in the Illinois Valley, Josephine Co.)

The article says that lead levels of Turkey Vultures are lower in this region (NW CA) than elsewhere in the Condor's range.

http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/04/24/3894373/yurok-tribe-to-release-condors.html

How long until CA Condors will be countable in Oregon or are they now ? (Least of my concerns. Hope the reintroduction goes well.)

Romain Cooper
10398 Takilma Road
Cave Junction, OR 97523
541-592-2311