[obol] Clatsop Beach

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 04:38:35 -0700

    I drove from Gearhart to the Peter Iredale Friday afternoon. The south end
had next to no birds. A single ELEGANT TERN was flying south over the dry sand
just before the Del Rey access. A few dozen adult Heerman's Gulls were loafing
near the Sunset Beach access. About two hundred Sanderlings in two loose groups
there at the north end. What appeared to be a Western Sandpiper in one flock.
It was sleeping the whole time with its head tucked in. A young of the year
Baird's Sandpiper was more cooperative. Low tide meant birds were far away when
I checked Little Beach. No shorebirds of any kind in evidence.  Lars