[obol] Ankeny Black-necked Stilt

  • From: Roy Gerig <roygerig@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:45:49 -0700

I have fat fingers (if this appears twice),  a BLACK NECKED STILT was in the NW
corner of Pintail Marsh late this morning.  The location is about 0.6 mile from
where I saw one 2 days ago.  It could be hard to find as it was along the edge
of the willows in rather deep vegetation.A breeding plumage EARED GREBE was not
far from there.  I cannot say with certainty that it was not Horned Grebe, the
light was not in my favor and I could not see color, but the shape was
right.Roy Gerig, Salem OR