[obol] McMinnville Monday birders

  • From: "Paul Sullivan" <paultsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <YamhillBirders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 14:42:32 -0700

Folks,

Our local group got out to McMinnville's Rotary Park (Tice Park) 8:30-11:30
this morning.  The park is a wooded nature park with a pond that is growing
closed with willows.  It's located on Baker Street near NW 27th.

We found:

125  Greater White-fronted Geese - flyovers, a first for the park

    3 Wood Ducks - local breeders

    2 Mallards

    1 Red-tailed Hawk - flyover

    1 Cooper's Hawk - local breeder

    1 Turkey Vulture - flyover

    1 GREATER YELLOWLEGS

    1 Anna's Hummingbird - local breeder

    1 Flicker

    1 male PILEATED WOODPECKER

    1 Hutton's Vireo - local breeder

    3 Steller's Jays

    1 Common Raven - flyover

    3 Black-capped Chickadee

    3 Bushtits - nest building at parking lot

    2 Red-breasted Nuthatches

    1 Brown Creeper - local breeder

    3 Bewick's Wrens

    1 HERMIT THRUSH

10 Robins - local breeder, one on nest

   2 Orange-crowned Warbler

   2 BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLER - FOS (heard last week)

   1 singing BLACK-HEADED GROSBEAK - heard only

   4 Spotted Towhee

   6 Song Sparrows

   1 singing PURPLE FINCH

   2 Evening Grosbeak - flyover

When we got home, we had the FOY EVENING GROSBEAKS for our backyard!

Good birding, everyone,

Paul Sulllivan & Carol Karlen

McMinnville