[obol] American Golden-Plover at HMSC (Newport)

  • From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 14:47:39 -0700

This morning, from 10:50- 12:15 I watched a basic-plumaged Golden-Plover at
the Hatfield Marine Science Center nature trail, in Newport.

The bird was dull-colored, without yellow or golden speckles, and my photos
show 3 primaries extending beyond the tertials.  The calls also sounded
more like American.

Bird was on the mudflat initially, and as the tide came in moved onto the
low marsh, in the area just south of the US fish and Wildlife Service Lab.

Wayne