[obol] Seeking a bird-related presentation in Eugene

  • From: "Pamela Johnston" <pamelaj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "obol" <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 15:53:52 -0700

Dear obol readers,

I received a message this week from MaryAnn Beltz, who is the Personal
Preference Coordinator/Activity Director for the Waterford Grand which is a new
Independent, Assisted and Memory Care Community in Eugene, located on the banks
of the Willamette River, near the Delta Oaks Ponds.

She is hoping to find a birder who can make a presentation to the residents
about birds native to the area, such as a slideshow of birds and their sounds.
She has seen this kind of program presented elsewhere in a similar living
situation and found it was a success.

It occurred to me that there was also a possibility of birding from the grounds
with some of the residents, who have varying degrees of mobility. If any of
these sound like possibilities to you, please contact her:

MaryAnn Beltz
Waterford Grand

600 Waterford Way

Eugene, Oregon 97401

(541) 636-3329

waterfordgrandPPC@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,
Pamela Johnston, president Oregon Birding Association
the folks who bring you obol