[obol] Aleutian cackling geese wintering near Tillamook

  • From: "WLRisser" <wlrisser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:10:33 -0700

Scott Carpenter told us about the flock of Aleutian cackling geese that
winters near Pacific City half an hour south of Tillamook.  We saw them
easily yesterday.  I did some research subsequently and learned that it is
well known that these geese winter where we saw them.  Jan and I are
relatively new to Oregon and weren't aware of this.  If anyone else doesn't
know about them and wants directions, contact me privately and I will send
you Scott's excellent instructions.