[oakleafsunjgroup] Thought for today

  • From: Sassy <sassyuga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oakleafsunjgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oakleafsunjgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 06:36:05 -0400

If You’re Happy and You Know It

God will keep you so happy that you won’t have time to worry about each day
(Ecclesiastes 5:20, Contemporary English Version).

Scripture: Ecclesiastes 5:10-20
Song: “Happy the Man Who Feareth God”

Sue and Tom eagerly planned for their approaching wedding. After three years of
romance, they were more in love now than ever. Each moment together held loving
gazes, passionate words, and tender touches.
Every thought and dream centered on their lives together and their hopes for
the future. They were so happy together that nothing else seemed to matter.
Although they knew there would be tough times ahead, for now their complete
happiness kept any negative thoughts far from their minds. Their love would be
their strength.

Yet this young couple would eventually find that it is very easy to let the
troubles we encounter in life become overwhelming. There are bills to pay,
illnesses to endure, various family issues to confront, and the list goes on.

But we do not have to face these challenges alone. God promises to bear our
burdens and to give us His joy. We can be assured that He knows every detail of
our difficult circumstances, and His love will be strong enough to see us
through them. Yes, we have a loving relationship with our Father, and His joy
will keep us happy and hopeful now and forever.

Father, Your love for me makes my heart joyful. May I always remember You are
with me, every moment of my life, and I can rest in Your presence. Thank You
for Your guidance and comfort through this life. I pray in the holy name of
Jesus. Amen.

If you no longer wish to receive email from the Oakleaf Church Sunday Singles
Journey Group mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the list by sending an
email to oakleafsunjgroup-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  with 'unsubscribe' in the
Subject field of the email.