[oagitm] Re: Tablet Policy

  • From: "Morrie Volkov" <mvolkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <anderson.dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "OAGITM Listserv(oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 14:55:35 -0700

Dean, we have had some pretty good success with iPads which I would be
glad to share if you give me a call.

Morrie Volkov
Manager
Marion County Information Technology
325 13th St. NE
Suite 401B
Salem, Oregon 97309
Phone: (503) 584-7743
Cell: (503) 480-5070
Fax: (503) 373-4318
email: mvolkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Working Better Together"
>>> "Anderson, Dean" <anderson.dean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 3/21/2012 10:00 AM

We are in the process of obtaining 30 ipad's for our mental health
staff to use in the field. Our mental health system and e-mail system
are both web based system so in theory this will work. However, in
practice a number of issues exist (enterprise management of ipads, web
site filtering, virus protection, etc.). I am very interested in
obtaining any feedback.
My two questions are:
a. Do you have a policy and operating procedures for use of tablets by
staff and if so, can I get a copy of it?
b. What enterprise management tools are you using (if any) ?
As always I will compile any results and share.

--
Dean R Anderson
IT Director

This message has been scanned for virus content by Symantec Anti-Virus,
and is believed to be clean.
Viruses are often contained in attachments - Email with specific
attachment types are automatically deleted.
If you need to receive one of these attachments contact Marion County
IT for assistance.