[oagitm] Two Questions

  • From: "Jean Ripa" <Jean.Ripa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OAGITM" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 08:09:15 -0700

We're looking at a couple changes on our network and I'd prefer to learn from
your experience rather than the hard way.

1)  Do any of you use the Palo Alto firewall appliance?  If you do (or used
to), could you give me some feedback on it?

2)  We are considering spending the time to change all our local Windows based
workstations rights from the Administrator level to Users or Power Users.
Obviously, there are pros and cons to both methods of control.  Have any of you
made this move and was it worth it?

We're a small shop with limited time and I don't want to waste any making
changes that aren't worthwhile.

I appreciate your feedback.

Jean Ripa
Human Resources/Information Technology Director
Columbia County, Oregon
230 Strand Street
St. Helens, OR  97051
503.397.7264