[oagitm] Re: System Maintenance

  • From: Mark Decker <DeckerML@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'davidcu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <davidcu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 07:53:11 +0000

Jackson County has different SLAs/maintenance windows for different systems
depending on who uses them and when they normally work.  We have such diverse
customers that there is no one-size-fits-all window.  For example, the Roads
fleet maintenance system can be taken down without notice anytime from 6pm Fri
to 6am Mon because they never use it on weekends.  ERP window is any Saturday
night without notice, but we try never to take the Jail down on a Saturday
night because it's their DUII rush hour.

Maintenance on general systems like email, etc. can happen any Tue or Thu
evening from 6:00-9:00 pm so long as a notification goes out by noon that same
day.  If the maintenance will be particularly disruptive, or has to happen
outside the regular window for some reason, we provide 2 business day advance
notice.

Best regards,

Mark L. Decker
CIO / Technology Director