[oagitm] PCI Compliance

  • From: WELCH Brad <Brad.WELCH@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:05:16 -0800

I would like to hear from you on how your jurisdiction has approached PCI
compliance for any computer based processing of credit cards by staff, i.e.
accepting public payments from your desk or front counter.    Lane County's
mission is to be fully PCI compliant in all our processing of credit cards.
Our research and consulting advice have all indicated that any card processing
from a pc on our network places significant security requirements and control
measures on our IT infrastructure.    These requirements appear to apply even
in the case of web hosted solutions such as virtual terminals or a web based
point of sales systems.

Please tell me of any computer based or hosted card solutions your staff use
and how you interpreted and approached PCI compliance for your computers and
infrastructure.

Thanks for your time and input.

Brad Welch

Business Applications Manager