[oagitm] Public Records request for GIS data.

  • From: "Joel Bradach" <Joel_Bradach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:34:29 -0700

We recently received a public records request for all of Washington
County's GIS data. The request identifies an extensive list of specific
GIS elements and includes a catch all, "other GIS data".  The requestor
is looking for a process to assure timely monthly updates of all data
and notes that, "...similar arrangements have been made with other
counties in Oregon".

We are working with legal counsel to determine our response and to
assure we comply with our Public Records obligations.   We are curious
if/how others are dealing/have dealt with this type of request -
especially when some of you are actually selling data that might fall
under the umbrella of public records.

 Any help/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joel