[oagitm] Re: Public Records request for GIS data.

  • From: "Michael Soots" <msoots@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Joel_Bradach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 12:05:05 -0700

See ORS 190.050

 190.050 Fees for geographic data; uses. (1) An intergovernmental group
may impose and collect reasonable fees based on market prices or
competitive bids for geographic data that have commercial value and are
an entire formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method,
technique, process, database or system developed with a significant
expenditure of public funds. An intergovernmental group may enter into
agreements with private persons or entities to assist with marketing
such products. Notwithstanding any other provision of law,
intergovernmental group software product programming source codes,
object codes and geographic databases or systems are confidential and
exempt from public disclosure under ORS 192.502. Nothing in this section
authorizes an intergovernmental group to restrict access to public
records through inclusion of such records in a geographic database or
system.