[oagitm] Re: DA's database software

  • From: Mark Decker <DeckerML@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 21:46:28 +0000

Jackson switched from DACMS to Prosecutor by Karpel about 9 months ago.  DA is
happy with the product features, but not so much with speed/performance
compared to DACMS, which was hosted at Benton.  Karpel is hosting the PbK
software for us, and I suspect certain of its functions are sensitive to
latency.  We've done a lot of testing to rule out the PCs and our LAN as
significant performance factors.  We even ran it through a 4G hotspot to rule
out our ISP connection, but the results weren't much different.

For those using PbK, are you hosting it yourselves or at Karpel?  What has your
experience been as far as app performance?

Best regards,

Mark L. Decker
CIO / Technology Director
Jackson County, Oregon