[nvda-winten] List merger phase 1: invitation and conditional merge

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-winten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 06:21:36 -0700

Hi all,

In a few moments you'll receive an invitation to join a group called Windows
10 for the blind. If you are in favor of merging this list with the other,
please accept the invitation (it's up to you).

Here's what's going on:

. Subject tag change: Currently the subject tag for the list is
"Windows 10 for the blind". I and other listers are suggesting that the
subject tag be changed (Groups.IO has a setting to change this) to something
short, such as "WinTen", "WinTen-blind", "W10" and so on.

. Subgroups: Groups.IO has a subgroups feature: groups within a
parent group. There's a proposal to create some subgroups, including one for
NVDA users and another for Windows Insiders, each one headed by a chair
who'll receive equivalent of a list owner rights.

I'll send a reminder to new subscribers (Maheen is the head owner at this
point, and I do have same rights as him at this time).

Cheers,

Joseph