[nvda-winten] Re: Important notice: we might be moving to a new location, possibly combining with another list

  • From: Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-winten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 21:12:13 +1300

I do agree on the sub groups.
one issue I have especially on the win10 for the blind list or well the win10 list which I think is an ok name was going to say win10vip or vip10 or something but whatever.
Anyway there needs to be a place for general tutorials not nvda related and whatever a lot of jaws stuff is on the list which is ok maybe subs could clear things as well as maybe places to get things like tutorials, and maybe a faq to be honest.
I am drinking in what there is to offer so whatever.

On 19/10/2015 10:04 a.m., Lanie Molinar wrote:

Hi. I also like the idea. Subgroups would be nice and I already use
groups.io for a lot of other lists. I really like the site.

On 10/18/2015 3:21 PM, Faith Cummings wrote:
Hi Joseph, I think it's a good idea, and would still be a part of any
list for users of windows 10 and NVDA. thanks. Faith Cummings

On 10/18/2015 2:22 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Due to a recent incident involving the owner of another Windows 10
list and with the owner possibly removing himself from the WinTen
list on Groups.IO, it felt best to ask Groups.IO if there would be a
change of ownership. If this happens (me becoming the owner of the
Windows 10 for the blind), I’d like to propose that we merge with the
Grups.IO list over there.

Some of the advantages of this move include:

·Setting up subgroups (or focus groups): We can have a focus group
for NVDA users using Windows 10 (note that you must be a member of
the master list to join the focus group).

·Another focus group could be set up for those running Windows
Insider builds.

·By centralizing WinTen discussions, a potential user don’t have to
dig through various mailing lists to find answers to his or her
questions.

I’d like to receive comments regarding this proposal, and if you say
yes, when we should merge so I can send out a notice saying this list
will be closed. Thanks (please ask me offlist as to the background of
this merger proposal).

Cheers,

Joseph