[nvda-winten] Re: Important notice: we might be moving to a new location, possibly combining with another list

  • From: Scott VanDeWalle <chatterbox052782@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-winten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2015 14:56:50 -0400

Hello Joseph.
My vote would be yes we should merge.
And just as soon as humanly possible.
I truely think it is a good idea, and it may just benefit lots of people, who knows..
That is my opinion.
hth

Scott

On 10/18/2015 2:22 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Due to a recent incident involving the owner of another Windows 10 list and with the owner possibly removing himself from the WinTen list on Groups.IO, it felt best to ask Groups.IO if there would be a change of ownership. If this happens (me becoming the owner of the Windows 10 for the blind), I’d like to propose that we merge with the Grups.IO list over there.

Some of the advantages of this move include:

·Setting up subgroups (or focus groups): We can have a focus group for NVDA users using Windows 10 (note that you must be a member of the master list to join the focus group).

·Another focus group could be set up for those running Windows Insider builds.

·By centralizing WinTen discussions, a potential user don’t have to dig through various mailing lists to find answers to his or her questions.

I’d like to receive comments regarding this proposal, and if you say yes, when we should merge so I can send out a notice saying this list will be closed. Thanks (please ask me offlist as to the background of this merger proposal).

Cheers,

Joseph