Re: [nvda-translations] symbols.dic

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 09:14:05 +0100

http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingSymbols
Might have some additional info.

Also please note that there is no need to include the regular expression or the
optional fields unless you define a new rule.

So you only need the first two columns of the symbols file.
For good examples, please look at:
de/symbols.dic, sv/symbols.dic

Some other languages has not had the time to clean up their symbols files.

It is generally better to inherit the rules and the punctuation level from the
default, so that a user hears the same symbols at a given punctuation level.

I.e.

maybe . (period) is in the "some" category in english and in "all" category in
Greek.
So a user when they switch interface language might expect the same symbol to
be at the same punctuation level.

Thanks.
Mesar