Re: [nvda-translations] interest to include Dhivehi translation

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 10:35:26 +0100

Dear Abdulla,

Many thanks for your warm feelings, it is all about working together, to
reach goals that no one of us can reach individually.

I have added your account to the team, you might need to sign in and
accept it.
You should also have received your first notification email from the
system, the address should be: noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't know if you had a chanse to read this page:
(a): http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingUsingAutomaticProcess
Your files will live in the 'dv' folder.
Some of the information doesnt apply to you yet, since you will be starting by
translating the NVDA interface.
Therefore the dv folder only contains one file, nvda.po.

There is some information that may help you in doing this here:
(b): http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingTheInterface

So the steps that you should take are:
1. download/install svn  from (a)
2. checkout (download) the project files using svn from (a)
3. you will find a dv folder.
4. download/install poedit from (b).
5. open dv/nvda.po using poedit and translate some messages, keeping in
mind the information in (b).
6. commit (send to the server) your translated messages, as described in
(a), when the server receives your changes it will send out a
notification email.

At any stage if something can be made clearer or if you have any
questions please dont hesitate to ask.

Thanks and welcome.
Mesar