Re: [nvda-translations] Use of Multi Meaningful words: A headache to translator!

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 05:54:44 +0100

Hi,

If I am not too mistaken, both of these should be solvable by:

1. enabling message context in the code.
2. for translators to provide a list of problematic messages, so that we
can create different contexts for these specific messages.

point number two would include the straight forward cases such as "on",
"off", etc, as well as the messages that present the noun/verb problem.

Once this is in place, most gender verb/noun messages can be better
translated, because we know the complete form of the message thanks to
the context.

After all this, there might still be some messages that have gender
issues, but I am hoping its only a few.

Mesar