Re: [nvda-translations] How make the localization to Aragonese of eSpeak

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:14:31 +0100

Hi Jorge, Happy new year and sorry for the delay in replying.

On Fri 04/01/13,17:38, Jorge P�rez P�rez wrote:
> We want make the localization of the
> eSpeak synthetizer to He speak in Aragonese Language if is possible to
> this version and We don't know if We have time to it. Because We don't
> know how must do it. If there isn't time to it, We try to make this to
> next estable version.
>
> Can you explain me how We must do it?

I have some old notes here, maybe they can be of some help.
http://mesarhameed.info/blog/eSpeak-adding-a-language/

It is easier for aragonese, since espeak should already have the
phonemes you need.

the first step is to make a list of the sounds and example words for each sound
for the vowels in aragonese.
For example letter 'A' in UK English can have different sounds
'cat' and 'bath, be careful when you listen espeak may say it wrong, think of
BBC english and try to say the two words.

Are these sounds already available in spanish espeak voice, but in wrong
place, then its easy to fix, if the sound is not available, then try to
switch between languages and listen to their a e i o u and see which one
is closest to what you need.

Write everything down, and then we can make a file with the phonemes
(letter sounds) that are needed for aragonese.

Unfortunately because we dont have commit access to espeak project I
can't help as much as I would like.

If you have any follow up questions dont hesitate to ask.
Thanks,
Mesar