Re: [nvda-translations] About the Release

  • From: Marlin Rodrigues <marlincgrodrigues@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2014 04:38:21 -0300

Hello,

Ok, but in fact the error exists and was reported by some Brazilian members which use the rc3.
If you commit nvda.po, this problem will be fixed simpler.

On 01/09/2014 04:32, James Teh wrote:
The message for Microsoft Word is actually:
"Set row {rowNumber} column {columnNumber} as start of row headers"
which also seems to have a similar error:
"Configurada linha {rowNumber} coluna {columnNumber} como início dos "
"cabeçalhos de coluna"
Also, this message:
"Set {address} as start of row headers"
is actually translated in this version as:
"{address} colocado como início dos cabeçalhos de linha"
so the wording has been changed even aside from the error. This makes it difficult for me to determine which changes absolutely must be merged and how to merge them.

Jamie

On 1/09/2014 5:04 PM, Marlin Rodrigues wrote:
Hi Jamie,

When I press NVDA+shift+r in Microsoft Word, the message should be:

Set {address} as start of row headers
In Portuguese: definido {address} como início dos cabeçalhos de linha.

I accidentally translated as:
definido {address} como início dos cabeçalhos de coluna, which means:
Set {address} as start of column headers.

I think this is an important thing, as the user can feel confused when
pressing this command.

Thanks

On 31/08/2014 20:05, James Teh wrote:
Hi.
Looking at the differences (and using Google Translate a bit), it
seems not all of them are just changes from row to column or vice
versa. I'd prefer to only accept major problematic changes for the rc
at this point. Can you provide the English message(s) for the
string(s) that have major problems?

Thanks,
Jamie

On 1/09/2014 8:45 AM, Marlin Rodrigues wrote:
Hi Jamie,

It's not a critical problem, but can confuse the users, as row has been
changed to column in a string concerning reading table row/column
headers.

On 31/08/2014 19:40, James Teh wrote:
Hi.
How critical is the problem? Does it cause a crash or some other kind
of very serious usability issue? We generally don't commit anything
other than crash fixes or serious regressions once we go to rc.

Jamie

On 1/09/2014 8:35 AM, Marlin Rodrigues wrote:
Hi Mesar,

Are you planing a new commit before the release.
I need you do this, because I fixed an important mistake in nvda.po.

Thanks

--
Cumprimentos,

Marlin Rodrigues