[nvda-addons] TeamTalk and instantTranslate website po file request for review

  • From: Rémy Ruiz <remyruiz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:53:56 +0200

Hi Joseph and all,
About TeamTalk po file website
I've noticed that in the TeamTalk po file There is a typographical error in one message source:
in the message source ]the righ bracket is missing. [see message in brackets]
I wonder sie point finish which is located at the end of the message is required
This add-on improves usage of TeamTalk with NVDA. For more information
about this add-on, visit [TeamTalk add-on homepage[2].
Should be:
This add-on improves usage of TeamTalk with NVDA. For more information
about this add-on, visit [TeamTalk add-on homepage][2].

About instantTranslate po file website
in the po file for instantTranslate website, there are two links in a one message.
Apart from the two links used to announce the development version and the stable version they are separated in two messages.
Also there is a problem of a link that is displayed as text (not link clicable) on the web site of instantTranslate, is at the end, I think it is due to this.
Finally the line source:
Change way how Shortcuts are used, now you can press instantTranslate
modifier key \"NVDA+Shift+t\", and then single letter key to perform
some action {see all Commands in the \"Shortcuts\" section}.

You use braces and not parentheses at the end of the message.

See message error:
Error: missing brace format interpolation, extra brace format interpolation
Expected: these brace format interpolations: {see all Commands in the \"Shortcuts\" section}

See message sent by Jamie :
This occurs because braces are being used here to contain text, but the checking code assumes braces are always used for interpolation. I guess I can stop
the checking code from running for website po files, but this would miss possible po syntax errors, etc. Regardless, I'm a bit confused as to why braces
are being used here anyway; they're not normally used as brackets in literary text.

Jamie

This has been corrected by the author in bitbucket, and not in the documentation website instanTranslate po file.
Thank you for future corrections

Note:
Please when they go to update the translations for the addon instantTranslate version 3.0, since currently missing some messages to be translated, and you are using the old file that is in the repository.
Thanks again for all!
Regards since France.
Rémy Ruiz