[nvda-addons] Re: Getting somewhere!

  • From: "Damien Sykes-Pendleton" <damien@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2016 22:04:14 +0100

Hi James,
The odd thing is, that code works absolutely fine, so not sure exactly how the linebreaks are affecting things.
All the code I write, whether BASIC, BGT, Python or whatever I write in the same editor and I have not yet had a single complaint from any compiler or parser. Very strange.
As for my parser, I write things in brace-form and it simply converts it into indentations. Obviously then when I opened it back up in the editor it must have switched back to its settings.
Kind regards,
Damien.
-----Original Message----- From: James Scholes
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2016 9:22 PM
To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [nvda-addons] Re: Getting somewhere!

Damien Sykes-Pendleton wrote:

I was able to increase the line limitation, though it doesn't show them
in my text editor so not sure whether it's worked or not.

I don't follow.  In the original file you sent, all of your code had
been badly wrapped, so that parts of it simply would not have ran.  If
you use an editor which doesn't show this, I think you're making life a
bit difficult for yourself because Python will most definitely see those
line breaks.  Which editor is it?
--
James Scholes
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes