[nvda-addons] Re: Developing Addons - The best way to get started?

  • From: derek riemer <driemer.riemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 16:29:18 -0600

Hi,
You should make a regular backup so that you don't loose work.
Cheers.

On 4/12/2016 11:27 AM, Damien Sykes-Pendleton wrote:

Hi Derek,
A long time ago, I tried to make an addon that would speak information that was not being read out automatically. I think I used another addon as a starting point but I had no idea as to what the problem was or what my particular circumstances were. For instance, to the computer controls are physical graphical objects with coordinates, dimensions, events, states, and all these different identifying factors that make it what it is. I know nothing about this – all I know is what information isn’t being read out. I’m not even sure if it is a control that is at fault here, since all it is is text.
It’s not like I can even go back and refer to it, since my computer crashed since then, so I’d have to more or less write it from scratch.
Cheers.
Kind regards,
Damien.