[northwest_al] Re: Additional Incentives to Move.

  • From: BMoss69893@xxxxxxx
  • To: northwest_al@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:06:24 EDT

In a message dated 5/21/2003 4:48:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
rolene@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> I do hope that the dogwood is in bloom, it was beautiful when I was
> there a few "springs" ago.

It has already bloomed. What is interesting to me is driving along the hiway
in a wooded area and see how deep the woods are by the blooms of the dogwood.
Wonder how many of those who moved are buried beside the wilderness road.
There had to be deaths as they trecked through the unknown. As far as I know
all
of my folks who moved from SC to VA to KY to AL made it. We gripe, groan and
belly ache about traffic today on the interstate, but can you imagine the
hardships our ancestors  experienced as they made the move with wagons,
families,
live stock, and whatever. I have one g-g-g-grandfather who applied for
Revolutionary Pension. He had lost his paperwork. He had made all those moves,
was in
the "Removal" in 1810 in what is now Limestone County. He was denied pension
because he could not produce paper work or witnesses. He lived to be 95. Betty.