[noCensorship] Re: In need for Proxies working in Saudi Arabia

  • From: wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 3 Nov 2002 17:41:09 -0000

> From: nocensorship@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To: wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [noCensorship] Re: In need for Proxies working in Saudi Arabia
>
> > Here's what the proxyTools database has. It's at (no doubt
> > wrapped for you):
> >
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/proxytools/proxyTo
> ols/hosts.zip?rev=HEAD
> > Let me know if any of these ports are now blocked, or if any of the
> > proxies need to be tested further.
> >
> > $ ./extractHosts.pl - isEnabled from=KSA-ISU
> > 212.141.41.42:8888
> > 202.96.1.225:8888
> > 64.83.129.11:7021
> > 212.119.67.14:8082
> > 217.58.44.182:8888
> > 64.108.32.30:8801
> > 64.83.129.12:7021
> > 210.99.135.74:8888
> > 213.148.158.163:8888
> > 63.199.63.218:8888
> > 216.53.197.27:8888
> > 208.150.224.18:8888
> > 66.250.69.1:8888
> > 64.19.64.6:2009
> > 200.69.218.241:8888
> > 64.132.153.94:8888
> > 212.12.157.130:8888
> > 64.83.129.10:7021
> > 210.78.22.87:8888
> > 209.210.176.44:8888
> > 64.57.216.10:8888
> > 211.23.68.150:8888
> > 22 hosts appended to -
> >

> So kind and helpful as always Wayne , Thank you .
>
> None of the above is working from here ,
> 212.119.67.14:8082  is asking for authentication , all others times out on
> connection .

Yep, you're right about that one:
statProxy v4.110 report from 166.84.1.3:
Running test: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 \
Results:
212.119.67.14   :8082  AFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFF   0.4/?
Either I missed that, or it changed after I tested.

All of the above were tested, and working, from outside the KSA
about one hour before I posted them.
If the rest don't work for you, then KSA firewall blocking has changed
since the last statProxy or master reports I've received from there
(some months now).

I just retested a few - they're still ok from outside.
Maybe 7021 is also blocked?

If you have proxyTools, please run statProxy on these (and post
the results).

> 7021 , 8082 , 8801 , 2009 . are Open

That's what I have in the firewalls.xml too.
But if so, then the others:
64.83.129.11:7021
64.108.32.30:8801
64.83.129.12:7021
64.19.64.6:2009
64.83.129.10:7021
should be working for you....

I get passes on all of these.

> 8888 is closed  i think which is really bad news .

OK, that's new. Have you tried the usual test:
telnet login.icq.com 8888

If you connect (and you see some garbage characters), then it's
open. *Please* respond after doing that - otherwise, I don't know
how you tested it (and most reports sent to me like that are wrong).

> i used shell account with stone proxy forwarding to verified working public
> proxies , and stone lestining on the above mentioned ports . This is the
> easiest way for me to verify ports is open or closed .

The telnet test above is easier to get right.
I guess you're right, but please confirm anyway.
Once I add it to the firewalls.xml file, that port will *never*
be used by localProxy again for all KSA users.

--
wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://proxytools.sourceforge.net/

===8<============== noCensorship community ===============