[ncsc-moths] Re: diurnal moth here in northern NY

  • From: "PandlScharf" <pandlscharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 13:49:35 -0400

Some really good photos!!!! Your Leafhopper on your car is Membracinae, Oak Treehopper, Platycotis vittata. Paul

-----Original Message----- From: PandlScharf
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:28 AM
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ncsc-moths] Re: diurnal moth here in northern NY

We had it on our Recent Bio Blitz also ,14 May 2014, 6261.Common Spring
Moth, Heliomata cycladata, Burke County, North Carolina. Paul

-----Original Message----- From: Doug Allen
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2014 10:17 AM
To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ncsc-moths] diurnal moth here in northern NY

I just uploaded some pics to my Flickr site-
https://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinabutterflies/

including this moth which I didn't find in a quick visit to MPG.
There were dozens along a bright lighted woodsy trail near Lake
Champlain about 70 miles south of Montreal.  Saw many more moths than
butterflies on a warm, sunny day.

Doug Allen Inman, SC