[ncsc-moths] New Park, New Moths . . .

  • From: Lori Owenby <loriowenby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 15:08:15 -0400

As most of you know, I've had to change parks recently due to some budget
constraints.  I had Alisha set out the black-light last night for me before
she went home and I had some goodies waiting on me when I got here at St.
Stephens this morning!  It amazes me that on the first day of really
looking--I've already found a couple species that I haven't found in over a
year at Riverbend (which is now at 203 species since last June).

Here's what I had:
#2401 Ailanthus Webworm Moth
#5362 Double-banded Grass-veneer Moth
#5420 Elegant Grass-veneer Moth
#5464 Snowy Urola Moth (new for me)
#6005 Lighter Moodna Moth--maybe--sent photo in to BugGuide for confirmation
(new for me)
#7716 Spiny Oakworm Moth
#7776 Five-spotted Hawk Moth (thanks, Taylor!)
#8098 Little White Lichen Moth
#8121 Orange Holomelina
#8134 Agreeable Tiger Moth
#9065 Green Leuconycta (new for me)
#9669 Yellow-striped Armyworm Moth
#9678 Variegated Midget
#10942.1 Greater Black-letter Dart (new for me)

--
-----
Lori Owenby