[ncsc-moths] Moths last night

  • From: Lori Owenby <loriowenby@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 12:04:13 -0400

I guess all the humidity had the moths out in droves at the park last
night!  We had some GREAT moths . . .and I didn't want to leave!  My husband
called around 11 pm to make sure I was okay--and I took that as my cue to
head on home.  I am still in the process of identifying everything but it
looks like we had about 49 different species with several of them new for
the Riverbend list.  My favorite of the night was a Doll's Clearwing Moth.
I LOVE wasp mimics and this was one of the best I've seen.  Also attached a
couple more for your viewing pleasure.  Happy mothing!

--
-----
Lori Owenby