[ncsc-moths] ID Help, Please ( Rhyacionia )

  • From: "Paul" <pandlscharf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ncsc-moths" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 21:04:32 -0500

Let me add to the confusion . Last year 3/15/10, I photographed  #1 and have it
identified as R. rigidana ( Can't remember if I identified it through Bugguide
or not , but the ID is not positive via speciman ) For the last two nights I've
been getting several of what might be the same species # 2 . Based on Merill's
research it's more likely to be  R. rigidana. However in my initial study of
these two photos I'm not even sure they're the same species .  Paul