[ncolug] Re: webs

  • From: mike <mikebell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bryan Savage <theOnlyLinuxGuy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:13:49 -0500

On Wed, Nov 23, 2005 at 10:16:44PM -0500, Bryan Savage wrote:
> mike wrote:
>
> >Can one gather that the offered box is running some form of *nix?
> >

> One can.  It's Suse Linux Enterprise Server 9.1
>
> >What would be available software wise, or would it be a problem to get
> >packages added?
> >

> Apache, mySQL, phpMyAdmin, php and tons more.  What specifically do you
> want?
>
> >Who would you be willing to give access to?
> >One of my biggest issues it more than one of us needs access.
> >

> What kind of access? Just FTP or do you need something more?  Shell
> access is possible but disabled by default.
>
> Bryan

Always nice to see that a LUG is running on what they promote. :)
I don't know that there is any need for anything more that what you
have already listed.  I was mostly just fishing to see if there was
something that might be needed in the future or a project that the
group wanted to persue if you would be willing to accomidate it.

The access that you have provided is certainly sufficent to keep the
pages updated.  Personally I'd rather have shell access and vi to
make most of the changes that are done.  I don't need it, won't
refuse it if it's offered though.

If you haven't noticed Larry has already moved the pages and the DNS
was updated last night.  I checked from work today and it was resolving
to the new address.

I'd like to thank you for your effort and the use of resources on behalf
of the LUG.  I will suggest that we add a link back to byhalia.net on
atleast the homepage for providing hosting.

Thanks again for all the help!

Mike

All functions of our list can be controlled through the web by logging in
at //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

You can also unsubscribe by sending email to
ncolug-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field