[ncolug] Re: Tiny $35 Raspberry Pi computer causes big stir on launch day

  • From: Chuck <cstickelman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:47:59 -0500

I was thinking about making my own tablet...  just add an LCD,
touch-screen, a battery and some sort of a case...  Sounds fantastic but
but a person can pick up dead laptops w/ good displays for cheap, the
material to convert any flat surface into a touch-screen runs around $25
bucks (I'll look for the link...)  The battery and case are the only
challenges.  (Too bad I don't have a 3D printer up and running or I'd
make my own case...)

Chuck

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 08:14 -0500, Kory Pounds wrote:
> So what could you guys do with something this cheap and small? Would
> you use it to help teach your children programming (as mentioned in
> the article)? Check it out folks:
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/29/tech/raspberry-pi-launch/index.html?hpt=hp_bn6
>
> Kory Pounds

Subject field.