[ncolug] Re: Tiny $35 Raspberry Pi computer causes big stir on launch day

  • From: Rob Gibson <nosbig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:41:15 -0500

I can't speak for its uses as a programmable platform; I am sure it is
amazing.  I want one to use as a cheap diskless XBMC system.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Raspberry_Pi

Of course, since it can run Debian and Fedora, then I presume any
programming language which has a interpreter ported to ARM or a
compiler which can target an ARM processor (if required) could be
used.  Python, C and C++, PHP under a web server (perhaps Nginx), and
Perl are just a few of the possibilities.

Rob

On Thu, Mar 1, 2012 at 4:36 PM, Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 03/01/12 16:09, Henry Keultjes wrote:
>>
>> Mike:
>>
>> Here might be something more practical"
>>  http://www.drobe.co.uk/article.php?id=862&hlt=arm+linux and
>>
>> http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/EB2410ITX/
>>
>> Henry
>>

> 175 euro's vs 35 American for the RPI for a learning tool...

> the Subject field.

Subject field.