[ncolug] Re: Tiny $35 Raspberry Pi computer causes big stir on launch day

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 13:42:39 -0500

On 03/01/12 08:14, Kory Pounds wrote:
So what could you guys do with something this cheap and small? Would
you use it to help teach your children programming (as mentioned in
the article)? Check it out folks:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/29/tech/raspberry-pi-launch/index.html?hpt=hp_bn6

Kory Pounds
I know their site is overloaded, very static page displayed. I'm wondering if anyone knows what the development environment is. Why should I choose this over arduino? Because it plugs into my tv? Has much more memory? What age kid do they think is going to be able to figure out how to use something this complex? For 35 bucks I'm curious enough to maybe bite after the dust settles a bit.

Mike

Subject field.