[ncolug] Re: Terminal servers wanted

  • From: ferguson <fergusonx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 11:42:33 -0400

We recently replaced an old Aix box that ran our AS/RS system.  The old system
had two Wyse dumb terminal hanging off a Lantronix ETS8P device.  The Lantronix
was the translator between the LAN and the dumb terminals.  It also connects to
our SRCs on the AS/RS system to control the cranes.  I've also used a different
version of a Lantronix box as a terminal server to connnect to the console
ports of Sun and HPUX servers.  Might be worth looking into.

Steve

On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 11:09:56AM -0400, Henry keultjes wrote:
> We are working on a project to rehost an old native Pick system on
> OpenQM/Linux and will need to replace the functionality of the
> multi-user board with terminal servers, a little gadget that translates
> to LAN protocol to what a dumb terminal can understand.
>
> If anyone has any of these laying around please let me know what brand
> and model number they are and how much, if any, you want for them.
>
> Any other suggestions, like for currently available
> make/model/partnumber that you know work , are certainly welcome.
>
> Henry Keultjes
> Mansfield Ohio USA

> the Subject field.

Subject field.