[ncolug] Loooking for an Exchange Replacement... well sort of

  • From: MrKnisely <mrknisely@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:33:52 -0500

I'm looking to replace my Email server. Not that it isn't running very well, but I just want something different.

Currently I'm running a QMail Rocks setup (http://qmailrocks.org/). Setup was easy to medium and it had all the features I want.

Speaking of the goals:
FREE as in Beer, DJB's licensing doesn't bother me.
Open Source Solution
IMAP-SSL
Spam Filtering
Virus Filtering (Now that I must run a Windows box)
Web based mail
Support for adding multiple domains
Web based management of server and domains

It would be cool to have a web based calendar function and maybe some sort of to-do list.

I would like for this to be a canned package or at least sort of decently supported package. I know I can get all of this seperately and cobble it together. Heck, all of it is available as debian packages. I want a community support group though.

I'm just now starting to look, so if any of you have suggestions let me know.

Mike K.

All functions of our list can be controlled through the web by logging in
at //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

You can also unsubscribe by sending email to
ncolug-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field