[ncolug] Re: Exciting stuff

  • From: tech4u <techconsultant4u@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 08:35:06 -0400

You may want to look at Vyatta especially if you like command line.

Cory

On 4/26/13 7:11 AM, M. Knisely wrote:
I ran pfSense has my home firewall for several years, and it served me quite well. It was definitely on of the most rock solid home firewalls I ever used, though not exactly the most user friendly. The community's documentation and support system more than makes up for it though. It's a very mature and well supported product.

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 6:23 AM, Silas Lang <aptget@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:aptget@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Yes! I have been looking for an excuse to use this too, I was
    considering it as a VLAN router. Looks like fun, good luck!

    On 04/24/2013 10:59 PM, Mike wrote:

        Hello all,

        Just had to share some great stuff!

        http://www.pfsense.org

        The above link is for pfsense firewall, WHAT a project.  I'm
        totally hooked already and I've barely scratched the surface.
        When I can figure out a few tweaks to make it to my liking
        it'll be hard to look back.

        KVM + libvirt + lvm + spice = virtual heaven...  Virtual
        machine raw images on lvm is too freaking awesome.  A few more
        tweaks here and it's on to building / playing with stuff on
        rpi and via and other arm devices.

        Add to that a can now get a whopping 3Mbit connection and I'm
        as fine as frog hair.  :)  Still slow by many standards, but a
        huge jump from 768Kbit.

        Mike

        ps  Oh yes can't forget X2Go, which will all be virtualized
        here soon.  Another great project.

        the Subject field.

--
    Studio - D Productions   l o n g w i r e . c o m

    "When people are free to do as they please,
    they usually imitate each other."

    Eric Hoffer

    Subject field.