[ncolug] Exciting stuff

  • From: Mike <bellyacres@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 22:59:10 -0400

Hello all,

Just had to share some great stuff!

http://www.pfsense.org

The above link is for pfsense firewall, WHAT a project. I'm totally hooked already and I've barely scratched the surface. When I can figure out a few tweaks to make it to my liking it'll be hard to look back.

KVM + libvirt + lvm + spice = virtual heaven... Virtual machine raw images on lvm is too freaking awesome. A few more tweaks here and it's on to building / playing with stuff on rpi and via and other arm devices.

Add to that a can now get a whopping 3Mbit connection and I'm as fine as frog hair. :) Still slow by many standards, but a huge jump from 768Kbit.

Mike

ps Oh yes can't forget X2Go, which will all be virtualized here soon. Another great project.

Subject field.