[nanomsg] Re: The monitoring for nanomsg

  • From: Paul Baxter <paul.baxter007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 08:28:10 +0100

> This thread tries to summarize what should be implemented in nanomsg
> for the state of the art monitoring support. Everything is IMO, so
> feel free to discuss.
>
> There are basically three separate tasks for monitoring:
>
> 1. Logging
> .
> 2. Statistics
>
> 3. Topology info
< lots of great info snipped >

I think what's been described as part of a distributed management
capability is excellent, but I'm not sure it should be part of nanomsg
itself. Perhaps a nanomgr project :)

Perhaps nanomsg could provide some hooks to query queue sizes,
connection states, but from reading some past posts I got the
impression Martin wasn't so keen on providing these.

Paul