[nama] What about this display?

  • From: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nama@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2016 20:49:57 -1000

As I'm looking at this, it seems unsimple. What are those
things in parentheses?

No. Name Status Source Destination Vol Pan
1 Master MON (play) -- 1/2 0 50
2 Mixdown OFF -- -- -- --
3 sax OFF (play) null Main 0 50

Searching the source, I see, "MON (play)" comes from
$_->rec_status_display. Track 1, Master, is set to PLAY,
but there is no WAV file, so MON is the result.

Track 3, sax, is set to PLAY, so it ignores source setting
of "null", looking instead for a WAV file, which, when not found,
causes the status to be OFF.

The distinction between setting and outcome has been with
Nama since the beginning. I wonder how to make this simpler
in the display.

Wishing a happy New Year to all,

Joel

--