[nama] Re: Runtime limit

  • From: Julien Claassen <julien@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joel Roth <joelz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 20:07:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hey you two1
I was thinking, while reading, yes it's sometiems possible. :-) Why not change the already partly existing mechanism slightly and combine everything:
cache_track [<mark1>] [<mark2>]
mixdown [<mark1>] [<mark2>]
with the semantics being: If used without parameters operate as usual, including the precautions for null input sources, using the longest track length in the cache/mixdown group plus the specified extra time. When used with one mark, mark the end. When used with two marks, teh marks mean start and end. How about that? It would save us extra commands, with the programming cost of implementing extra behaviour in one go. Well, it could probably be deligated to the grammar. The uncertainty about the END mark and the extra time or the cache_track problematic leads me back to my old project of sifting through the online help. The weekend is coming up and I've just passed an exam, so there should be the time for that at least, before I continue to work hard for the next one. :-) The start is still here on disk. I just have to elaborate on it.
  Warmly yours
          Julien

050e010d0f12010401-0405-0d09-030f12011a0f0d-
Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

********   Find some music at   ********
http://juliencoder.de/nama/music.html
"If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 95 and 37 days,
so I can be sure, there's someone at your site, who loves you."
(Not Winnie the Puh)