[muglo] Re: was: Re: Backup Info

  • From: Paul Tucknott <paulvt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:12:19 -0500

Maximum memory capacity is not really a lie. At the time of
manufacture, machines can only accommodate memory modules of a certain
physical size. Over time, memory manufacturers are able to shrink the
size of the modules so that higher capacity chips fit in the same size
space. The majority of Apple computers will actually support more RAM
than originally declared when the unit was manufactured.

Paul