[muglo] Re: scrubbing a hard drive

  • From: r weaver <weaverrw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 20:12:43 -0500

Hello,

I am looking for software to format a hard drive to completely erase all
data so that it cannot be recovered.
Anyone know what program, or process can do this? Or where to get info on
how to scrub a hard drive for resale so that sensitive/confidential data is
eliminated? I have been told to search for a military hard drive formatting
program but I don't have a name for the program (suspect that it's not
Canadian)
Thanks,

Bob Weaver
weaverrw@xxxxxxxxxxxx