[muglo] preserving music from LPs and Cassettes not to mention 10" Teac

  • From: Janet Michael BRODRIP <jmbrodrip@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 12:30:29 -0500

Thank you Doug, Martin,  and Tee  for your  prompt and kind replies.
  I hasten to add this is all my own purchased media.  Right now the
prime target  is an aging  cassette   of Tony  Hancock's  "The Blood
Donor" . I had thought  of  the TEAC all in one,  in a classic case
if i remember, Martin. You are right it would be much simpler,  and
members of my  family  might well vote  in favour .  Apart  from  the
savings it would be an  early  defeat.  This iMac   has a  analog&
digital  input on it's neat  little back.  and  being  wireless  it
can be carried  to the  aging Hi-fi  in the other room.   I have two
Turntables in fairly good  condition, spare styluses ,  and the LPs
will  last a while yet .  So  I am plodding away, i have little
knowledge but considerable persistence.

On Monday, under very busy  conditions,  the   people at Mac Outpost
did restore my wireless connection  and it's security . I thank
sincerely  them for  their   trouble.
  I had been  shocked at Thanksgiving  to recieve a batch of obscene
songs  into  the iTunes shared area,  which no longer exists.  I have
sung Rugby songs  , but like everything  these were bigger and
badder .  It seems most likely  i was on their wireless network  as
mine  was defective as it  turned out on Monday.   Today i understand
that   the  files were not "in"  my iMac,  but i did not then ,  and
so was somewhat  upset about the legendary  security.

I have a Quicktime  issue ,   With  BBC news videos  after clicking
this and that ,  it   announces  " Q  The URL is not valid ".  This
happens with  both Safari and Firefox.  Is  there a simple solution
or should i try  Realplayer  which  seems to  be BBC's choice.  ? I
cannot find a cryptic  error message  collection  or glossary
although it  took  me years to  find one for  the PC.

Any help  is appreciated  but it  is not life  and death, as above
when i   regressed to  direct ethernet no airport .  Thank you
Michael